We deliver a range of support through our outreach and accommodation services across Central Scotland including in Glasgow, Edinburgh, North Lanarkshire, North Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire and Inverclyde. We also drive Scotland-wide initiatives to transform everyone’s experience of homelessness. There is a brief summary on our main services and initiatives below.
24/7 HELPLINE AND EMAIL SUPPORT
- In Glasgow: Anyone can call our Glasgow helpline or contact us online for help and advice: 0800 027 7466. Visit our helpline page for more information.
- In Edinburgh: Anyone can call our Streetwork helpline for help or advice: 0808 178 2323 or visit our Streetwork website
OUR STREET TEAMS, HUBS AND RSVP SERVICE
We have a street outreach and drop-in Hubs for people who are sleeping rough or at risk of becoming homeless, as well as those who have more complex needs.
In Glasgow, the RSVP (Rough Sleepers and Vulnerable People) Service includes:
- RSVP Street Team, including our Street Cycles
- RSVP Hub: Information and Advice Centre
- RSVP Complex Needs Team
In Edinburgh, we deliver services as Streetwork:
- Our Streetwork Street Team operates every day to reach out and support people – on foot and through our Street Cycles initiative.
- Our Streetwork Holyrood Hub is open daily providing support and access to amenities.
We have different kinds of residential accommodation for people who are finding their feet. Our accommodation is typically accessed through referrals. We have residential accommodation in these areas in Glasgow and surrounding areas:
- Govanhill Service
- Parkhead Service
- Kent Road Service
- Maxwell Drive Service
- Lenzie Gate Service
- Black Street Service
- Bridgework Service
- Houldsworth Court Service
- Mason Street Service
We also provide a range of rapid access support through our Streetwork team in Edinburgh so that people can be supported into accommodation quickly.
We are involved in ‘housing first’ developments in Scotland which are designed to provide people with suitable, permanent accommodation as quickly as possible – rather than the current (often very protracted) system of people being housed in a range of shorter term temporary accommodation.
Our outreach workers provide practical and emotional support to people who have tenancies. We can accompany people to appointments and provide advocacy support. Our outreach work operates in Edinburgh (see Streetwork) and out of two centres in Glasgow (Newlands Community Support Service and North Lanarkshire Intensive Housing Support Service). Tenancy sustainment support is also provided as part of a partnership with housing associations in a number of local authorities across Central Scotland.
OTHER PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES
We deliver a range of projects and innovations. Here is a quick overview of some of them.